Thursday, October 1, 2009


Baby Steps to Better Health -- you can read it online here.
I've started to follow much of this philosophy -- taking baby steps will get us there.  My husband even stated we needed to start doing things differently.  He doesn't want to turn into a health freak, but we realize there are changed that we need to make.

I also realize its A LOT more work to cook from scratch, instead of opening a box, but in the end I think we will be healthier for it.  That's why I love the baby steps -- we're getting there, I'm not sure I'll ever do the #18, but ...

Small changes/steps we are making NOW are:

  1. Drink more water, and we have a filter at our house so filtered water is easily available. 
  2. Eat more raw foods and whole foods.

  3. Eat more fruits and veggies. 

  4. Eat no refined white sugar.  Especially me with having had cancer!!   No sense in feeding my enemy.

  5. Eat more whole grains and wheat instead of white flour.   I have a bucket of wheat berries and I also have a way to grind it, so I just need to get with the program.

  6. Find a good sandwich bread recipe and make our own bread/rolls.

  7. Go for organic whenever possible.  ($$$)  Have you heard of the  "The Dirty Dozen"?   Start there.

  8. Make homemade yogurt.  It is definitely easy using this -- probably less expensive too.


  9. Keep making better choices -- one baby step at a time.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer