Friday, May 18, 2007
-1 pound and Low Fat Pasta Salad Recipe

I did the "forbidden" well not really and weighed myself again yesterday. I dropped another pound! I am excited! I weighed again this morning and it was the same. I am thankful for that!

Its probably all this moving we are doing at work. They built a brand new college facility and its huge and we "get" to move and pack. How fun is that? {eyeroll} Its actually been good for my health apparently! A co-worker and I share the same office -- and pray for me -- I really don't want to get a bad attitude -- but I could use some help packing. Ya know? I'll leave it at that and try to keep the attitude that I was hired to do a job and will do it unto the Lord.

Ok -- deep breath!

I wanted to share my Low-Fat Pasta Salad Recipe. Its really good and just in time for the holiday weekend coming up. Feel free to leave out the olives but I indulge for the salad.


Michelle’s Pasta Salad

1 16oz. package garden rotini (I like Martha Gooch best)
1 bottle Fat Free Zesty Italian salad dressing (I use Kroger brand)
½ cup chopped red onion
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
1 package frozen Kroger Mexican Blend Vegetables
(it has broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper corn, kidney beans etc)
1 small can sliced black olives
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions -- leaving it a bit al dente. Drain pasta and allow hot water to collect in another bowl. Rinse pasta with cold water to chill quickly and drain well.

Meanwhile put onions and frozen veggies in the hot water from the pasta and let sit for a few minutes to soften onions and vegetables. Drain well.

Combine all ingredients – you will not use the entire bottle of Italian dressing in the beginning, but after cooling in the fridge for a few hours, go ahead and add the rest and stir well.
I think in the beginning it soaks up a bunch.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger JHS said...

Come on by and join in the discussion:
http://hereslookingatme.blogspot.com

Blogger Mich said...

Way to go--funny how every cloud, even the "moving" one has a silver (thinner) lining! I find now that I have a scale in the bathroom, staring me in the face, I weigh myself ALL the time. Like 3-4 times a day. It's crazy. Mostly I just see how much my weigh fluctuates during a day--up to 3lbs! Your pasta salad sounds yummy-I'll have to add it to my list of things to try!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer